A few weeks back on Facebook, I’d asked readers for any puzzling problems or questions they needed help with in their business. We received some great questions, and last week we discussed how to deal with negative family and friends while growing your business. Hopefully you gained some useful tips on how to keep your momentum going forward in the face of negativity.
The topic of this week’s post is another issue every leader and entrepreneur will face from time to time. When you begin to grow your business and assemble your team, it’s an exciting time full of new possibilities for the individuals you’ve recruited into your business. However, as time goes on, setbacks, disappointment, distraction and lethargy can start to set in for some people, and it’s crucial to the success of your business to keep everyone motivated and working at 110%.
Like my blog posts? You’ll love a private, one-to-one business-building session with me – check out my Private Protégé program.
So, the question is this- how to you keep your team motivated, focused and at peak performance? Today, I’m sharing the five most important ways to keep your team at the top of their game:
- Set an Example- As the leader of your organization, you’re the person team members look to for guidance and expertise. Set a standard of excellence and always be positive and energetic- people feed off of the enthusiasm of others. Your team will be energized by your excitement about the product and passion for the business and motivated to achieve your same success!
- Communicate Regularly- It’s important to create a weekly/monthly/quarterly schedule of calls and meetings so that everyone remains connected and motivated. Have weekly update calls and begin each with a motivational quote or have each team member share a positive experience from their week. Focus not only on individual goals but also the goals of the organization- people don’t want to let down other members of their team!
- Praise and Recognize– Make sure to always be praising your reps for their accomplishments, whether big or small. Promoting and recognizing your team members as much as possible is critical to the success of your business. People like to hear their name called and want to be acknowledged- recognition is what babies cry for and grown men die for.
- Provide Individual Support– Group calls and meetings are important, but one-to-one contact is just as valuable in keeping your team motivated. Each individual is different- some team members may require a little more encouragement and handholding, while others may need more roles and responsibilities to hold them accountable. Personal attention makes one feel like they’re truly important to the organization, so don’t forget to reach out to your team members on an individual basis.
- Attend Workshops and Seminars- Want to really up the excitement level of your team and push their motivation into the stratosphere? As a group, attend an industry seminar or training event where a large group of your peers will be in attendance. The passion and energy at these events is amazing- not only will your reps gain invaluable information, but they’ll also be motivated by some of the top performers and experts in the industry.
What other ways have you found effective to keep your team at the top of their game? Make sure to share them in the comment section!
P.S.- I’ve launched registration for my Advanced Train the Trainer workshop again. Join me in learning more about successfully building your team and create the lifestyle you want – click here to find out more!