During my 20+ years in the industry, I’ve encountered many success stories of individuals who have made it big in the direct sales industry. They are the success stories- the ones who don’t just wait for things to happen, they make things happen and choose their result.
On the other hand, I have also seen countless number of people who are initially excited when starting their MLM business, but end up failing for a number of different reasons. Nobody begins in this business with the expectation of failing, but the reality is that there are many pitfalls and roadblocks along the road to success, so I’m here to help navigate your journey.
Each week over the next four weeks, I’ll be sharing with you five of the 20 reasons why most distributors fail in the MLM industry. Make sure that you and your distributors avoid these common mistakes and you’ll be well on your way to building a successful and profitable business!
Don’t want to wait? Grab my series “You Can Win” right now!
The first five reasons why people fail:
1. They don’t have written goals. It’s imperative to write down clear, measurable goals and develop a plan for achieving them. Writing down your goals helps hold you accountable and provides a visual reminder to keep you focused and motivated. Writing down your short-, mid- and long-term goals will provide you with a roadmap to success and help get you to the results you want!
2. They are not committed. These are the type of people who are easily derailed and are not focused on an opportunity. A half-hearted effort will never yield great results, so make a rock-solid commitment to the success of your business and believe in what you’re doing and put forth the effort.
3. They’re only interested in personal profits. You’ll never make the big bucks if you don’t help others succeed. You need to care about the people in your organization and help nurture their success to make YOUR business a success. Be invested in the success of others and the money will follow!
4. They don’t respond in a timely manner. In this day and age of fast-paced communications, there’s no excuse for not responding to someone as soon as possible (ideally within 24 hours). Not having voicemail, an answering service or email shows a lack of credibility as a professional. Be reachable at all times and respond in a timely fashion.
5. They are simply uninformed about how network marketing works. You have to be informed about what’s going on in the industry to be successful. Read blog posts/articles, participate on conference calls and attend seminars or workshops to help grow your knowledge and understanding in our amazing industry. Each bit of information you learn will help build your knowledge base and stock your direct sales toolkit. Always be learning and growing- that’s what will take you from good to GREAT!
Next week we’ll power through Reasons #6-10 of Why Distributors Fail.
P.S.- If you’re looking for a competitive advantage in your MLM business, our Train the Trainer workshop from June 26-28 is what you’ve been looking for – check it out here!